Copy multiple columns to different rows on another SP list

• 26 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

I will try to be as succinct as possible. Basically I have a Nintex form built on one list for Projects. The form has 10 panels with a Resource Column (which is a People Picker) an Hours column (Number) and Roles (Lookup) in each of them. A checkbox on 9 of them with logic that the other panels are hidden until you check it. Basically trying to mimic a repeating table. The form gets filled out I have a workflow to copy to another list.

Depending on the number of resources you fill out is how many items on the next list. So choose 4 resources on List A workflow writes 4 separate rows in list B. The challenge is on List B there are columns for Resources, Hours, Roles and Project Name. So I want to pull that info from List A. So the 4 rows in list B now have four different individual Resources, Hours, Roles and all with the same project name.

I can link the two lists easily enough as List B's Project Name is a lookup to List A's Project Name column which gets populated by the form. I can create multiple rows as well using Run If and Copy to SharePoint controls. I even have a For Each which can then pull all the ID's from List B in a variable. I'm trying to do a For Each but that just populates the Resource field with the last user's name in the Resources column rather than the 4 unique Resources on the form. Can this be done? Thanks so much for reading all of this and answering in advance.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Is there any particular reason that you have not just used a Repeating Section, and have opted to instead use this hidden panel approach? 

What you're trying to do is very similar to the example situation (using a repeating section) as seen in this blog post: http://workflowexcellence.com/nintex-workflow-order-and-order-items-relationship/