Here is my situation, I have SharePoint 2013 on prem with Nintex Workflow 2013.
I have two custom lists - Customer and SR Tracker. I need to copy specific fields from the Customer list to the SR Tracker list. The issue is that the column types are not the same.
Customer Name - Lookup column from another custom list
Customer Code - Lookup column from another custom list
CSM - Lookup column from another custom list
Customer1 - Single line of text
Customer Code1 - Single line of text
CSM - Single line of text
I have tried using a Query List object to collect the information and even a Set Variable. I have tried using a Create Item object to copy the needed information over but nothing gets copied over.
I have also tried to use the Copy Item object in order to copy the content from one list to the other, but content still does not get copied over.
Any ideas or information on how to make this happen is appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
what type of fields are customer name, customer code and CSM in the custom list and do they all reside in the same list? I will try to replicate.
In the Customer List the fields are as follows:
Customer Name - Lookup column - looks to another list in the same site.
Customer Code - Lookup column - looks to another list in the same site.
CSM - Lookup column - looks to another list in the same site.
SR Tracker List
Customer1 - Single Line of Text - on the same site as the list above
Customer Code - Single Line of Text - on the same site as the list above
CSM1 - Single Line of Text - on the same site as the list above
sorry think I should have been clearer. Customer Name, code and CSM are lookup columns to another list. In THAT list, what type of columns are they? Single Line of Text?
okay sorry about that. Here is what each is
- single column list, It is the default Title column for this.
- Column is a Single Line of Text
- This is a separate list
Customer and Customer Code:
- These are two columns in the Customer List
- Both are Single line of Text fields
- Staff have to fill them in with the customers name and code.
I have tried to replicate. I have the following:
Custom List "CSM":
Custom List "Customers":
Customer Code = Title column, Customer = Single Line of Text
Custom List "CustomersAndCSM"
Customer Code = Lookup to Customers List pointing at title field customer code
Customer Code: Customer = additional information on column above from lookup list
CSM = Lookup to list CSM Title field
Custom List "SR Tracker":
All Single Line of Text
I created a workflow on CustomersAndCSM to create item in SR Tracker with one action configured as follows:
That is excellent!!!! Thank you for your help that is exactly what I am looking for.
I have one other questions now.
In your last screen capture under the columns CustomerCode1, Customer1 and CSM1, you have all of the correct values, but in front of each of these values you have the 1;#CustomerA or 1;#CSM1 how do you get rid of the 1;# that in front of the value in the column.
I would need to get rid of that 1;# in order to have "clean" information to display to the end users.
OK you need regular expression on all of the fields into a variable, and then use those variables in the create item:
I ran this and I got the third item: