Remove Sharepoint Events Integration?

• 23 February 2011
  • 8 replies

Badge +9

I created a process, and added a sharepoint events integration process, as initially, I wanted to trigger the process when a document was created in a sharepoint library.

Now, the requirement has changed - the process is the same, but it should be triggered by an IPC event, rather than being triggered when a document is created.

How do I remove the sharepoint events integration, so that the process is not triggered when a document is created?

I am aware that I can remove the event from the K2 Sharepoint events integration option in the site, but that would mean every time the process is changed and re-deployed, whoever does that will need to go in and remove the event - far from ideal....

I am sure that I must be missing something here, as this seems to be a pretty fundamental requirement (but then, deleting a process is also (in my humble view) a fundamental requirement, and I know that this can't be done, so maybe I am not missing anything, but rather K2 is missing something??)

Any assistance greatly appreciated

8 replies

Badge +7

Take a look at this post: http://www.k2underground.com/forums/t/13003.aspx

Hopefully that'll answer your question.

Badge +9

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

This isn't really what I am looking for - I can remove the event by deleting it from the list, but then every time I deploy this process (the process will still exist, but it will only be started via an IPC process), I would have to remove the event again - very easy to overlook, which would result in the process being fired without wanting it to...

Badge +8

Did you ever figure out an answer to this? I have the same question and need.

-Doug

Badge +10

If i understand what you are asking correctly you would just have to remove the association with the library.  You can do that pretty easily.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262779.aspx

let me know if i am not understanding the question.

Badge +8

Not quite.. I know how to get the event receiver off the list in SharePoint using the K2 Site Settings pages.

However, to the point above.. when I deploy the next version of the process, it will recreate the event receiver.. how do I remove the integration from the process in K2 Studio? (or Visual Studio)? So that it won't re-create the event receiver?

Badge +10

I was able to do some research on this and unfortunately found out that.  Any kind of integration
(SharePoint or Infopath) to k2 process cannot be removed.  I will ensure that a feature request is logged for this, i believe it already has been in the recent past.

Sorry to give bad news. 

Badge +1

Hi,

Is it possible now or we still have this limitation?

Badge +8

Still can't remove an integration once it is in a process. Have to start from scratch.