Lookup runtime FUnction Not working properly

• 21 March 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

Hello Everyone,

I  have a list in site collection level,which consist of firm name and city. now i created a content type, in which i created a lookup column which lookup's for the value of the firm name. i created a nintex form out of the content type,  then i created a calculated a column inside the nintex form using the runtime lookup function, such that when one selects the firm name from the drop down the city pop's up automatically, here my syntax =lookup("mylistname","ID", controlname, "city").

My list name= it is created at the site collection level

we have created a sub site and have associated this content type to a list , such that when one creates a new item the nintex form created of the content type shows Up.

This formula works in preview mode, but when we publish it does not work.

Please any can help me.!!!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Santhosh.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if it works in preview mode it should work productive as well.

I do not have experience with your specific hierarchy, but what I would check:

- there are no errors reported on developer console

- if you check it view/display mode you have 'recalculate in view mode' turned on

- calculate value control is not disabled

- you have correctly set permission to read list on site collection level and/or its items

Badge +9

Marian Hatala‌,

It seems like the lookup run time function does not support the mobile devices?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes, that's true, that's known limitation of lookup() function it doesn't run in nintex mobile app.

Badge +9

Marian Hatala‌,

I also figured out that the list lookup does not quite work on the mobile side if filtering on single line of text field, while filtering from a choice works perfectly? I really appreciate your comments.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I do not have such experience. 

but it might be sensitive if you do not exactly type in a value you make a filter by. 

as well mobile on-screen keyboards use to append a space once they recognize likely to be end of a word. and that of course breaks filter.

Badge +9

Thank you Marian Hatala‌,

You always respond, no one else does. I have opened a support ticket. I will update once i hear something from them.