Not applicable

Copy Sharepoint item with lookup fields

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need to copy Sharepoint item list to the same list, without making any change (exept itemID ofcourse). I'm using Nintex Workflow 2013.

I have followin Sharepoint Library with following columns:

ItemID, ItemName, ItemType (drop-down menu), ItemRecivingDate (Date), CostumersName (LookUp filed with multiple selection), RelatedSellers (LookUp filed with multiple selection), Price (number),ItemDescription (Text).

I made workflow:

Create New Item

every field in new Item = field in selected item

Then, I'm running manually this workflow on the item I want to copy and getting this error:

The workflow could not copy the item. Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and column settings.

It's wrong, because I'm working on the same list, so all columns and column settings are the same. I've checked this issue and find out -  when I'm removing CostumersName and RelatedSellers columns from the Workflow - everything working fine, so, as I understand, the problem is in LookUp field.

I'd like to get advises how to fix this problem, so I'll be able to copy item.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Oleg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Copy Sharepoint item with lookup fields

Jump to solution

By any chance, do the CostumersName and RelatedSellers get their values from another list?  I'm wondering if that may have something to do with the problem.  Another possible work around is to create the item without those fields and then come back in a later action and fill those 2 columns.  I'm pretty new to all of this so these are just ideas to investigate.

0 Kudos
rohansm83
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

try to use copy item action,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Tom,

Of course they get values from another lists, that's the point of LookUp field. But all list on the same site.

Few more things:

Values of СustomersName and RelatedSellers - I have two more SharePoint list, Customers and Sellers.

In Customer list I have next fields: CustomerFirstName (Text), CustomerSecondName (Text), CustomerWork (Text), and CustomersName (Calculated field - "&[CustomerFirstName]&" "&[CustomerSecondName]&" "&[CustomerWork]&").

Same thing about RalatedSellers - I have Sellers list with fields: SellerName (Text), SellerLocation (Text) and RelatedSellers (Calculated field - "&[SellerName]&" "&[SellerLocation]&").

May be there is a problem because of lookup on calculated fields?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Oleg

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Already tried it, got same error:
The workflow could not copy the item. Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and column settings.

0 Kudos
rohansm83
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Oleg,

Does your calculated value return result , is it the formula you are using

=&[CustomerFirstName]&" "&[CustomerSecondName]&" "&[CustomerWork]&

It should be

=[CustomerFirstName]&" "&[CustomerSecondName]&" "&[CustomerWork]

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Rohan!
I've changed the formula and now it's work fine with Copy Item.

With Create new Item it's still don't work, but problem solved.

Thanks again

0 Kudos