Support - What now?

Badge +2

New to Nintex. I was handed an environment that kept "hanging" when processing the lazy approvals. I do not know if it is SharePoint or Nintex causing the problem. Just renewed our support about 6 weeks ago in hopes that I could figure out what the problem is. I went through the youtube videos, the forums and the KBs. I have been submitting requests almost weekly to get assistance from Nintex Support. I get asked the same triage questions and do not get anywhere other than, "it must be the workflow, rewrite it."

So I created a simple approval workflow and the lazy approval continues to be inconsistent. I understand that Nintex Support is only able to do so much when the end user has free reign to create a workflow that could do god knows what.  I get it. I was in software support myself years ago. But this is ridiculous.

Anyone having issues with Lazy Approval processing? The logs do not provide any detail as to why they are not processing, they just don't process.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Lazy approval issues should be related to exchange configuration.

Take a look at this document >>>  

Badge +2

Thank you for the reply. I am pretty sure I have gone through this pdf but I will do it again.

Badge +8

What type of inconsistency are you having?

Badge +2

When approvers reply to an assigned task using the Lazy Approval functionality. Some replies are processed and the workflow moves to the next step. Others can reply and the workflow doesn't acknowledge the response. If I later cancel the workflow, the people with tasks assigned do get the notification that their response is no longer required.

Badge +8

Are you 100% certain that the users are typing the EXACT word (such as Complete) in their reply? And are they modifying the subject line? Nintex needs that token intact to work correctly.

Badge +8

Sounds like users might not be entering the correct syntax for Lazy Approval to make the Workflow keep on going.  One thing we have set in place for our system is that Users say Approved or Rejected then on a new line in the email do any comments they have so system doesn't have a potential to mess up.  This is what the problem sounds like to me if your getting some to go and some not to go.  Other thing could be if they are changing the Subject line or to lines as well.  If could verify user is using appropriate words, and aren't changing anything when they reply.

Badge +6

It would be helpful if you posted a more complete and fact-based problem statement along with the answers to the triage questions here so that we could better understand what's wrong with your workflows and what questions could have been asked in addition to those. If you were in the support business once, you'll understand happy.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Bob Sellers‌, I suggest you to create a set of test cases , so you will know the behaviour of your lazzy approvals.

For example:

User replied with the word "Approve"

User replied with the word "Reject"

User replied with the word "Reje"

User replied with the word "Approve" and changed the subject

User replied with any word

etc.

Badge +16

do they get response not recognised email or no acknowledgement at all?

Badge +2

The replies are correct, I have done a dozen or so myself and they continue to go un processed. I can go in and delegate the task to myself then it appears to take it the second time around.

Badge +2

"I get asked the same triage questions and do not get anywhere other than, "it must be the workflow, rewrite it."

Triage questions are/were: 

1. What was the last change that was made?
    1. Unfortunately, I was not around when this started happening. I inherited after the fact. Been working on this off and on for two years now. Off and On meaning I have other things to do. Not is works sometimes and not others.
  2. Have you purged lately?
    1. Yes numerous times.
  3. Can you confirm the users are responding with the proper replies?
    1. Yes, I have and the users are doing what they should be doing, They do not edit the email, they select reply then type "Yes" on the first line by itself (no quotations) then send.
  4. Does this happen with one or multiple workflows
    1. it's like the workflow loses its mind in the middle of the approvals.
  5. Have you checked your logs?
    1. The ones I know to check and they do not show errors regarding this behavior.