People field as predefined checkboxes

• 29 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

I want to be able to give the user on a task form the ability to select multiple names from a checkbox list. The list is a predefined usernames that can be selected on the current task and who will also be assigned the next task. I don't want to add a people field and have default values as this will allow the users to insert names outside of the predefined list - which is not allowed.

I created a predefined choice field with names, then when I try to use those names in a next task to assign it to them, the workflow is unable to resolve the names and errors the workflow. I tried to create a people variable and insert user profiles based on account name, still doesn't resolve. I tried also to query user profiles based on the names, get the emails and save it in a collection variable then take that variable into the task, still didn't fix it.

Can someone give a hint of what am I missing?

I'm using SharePoint/Nintex 2010.

197265_pastedImage_1.png

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I don't want to add a people field and have default values as this will allow the users to insert names outside of the predefined list

you can restrict people picker control or people and group list field by a sharepoint group. so user will be allowed to insert only a person which is member of the group.

wouldn't that be an option for you?

Badge +11

Christine Mikhaiel‌, I agree with Marian Hatala‌'s solution. If that resolves your problem, can you please mark it correct. That way other users with the same question will know how to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Lisa

Badge +9

I applied this solution Marian. I created a group with the list of people that I want to include in this team and I also put them on the task form as the default users. And added the expression into the field to include only people from that group. The only thing is that the Team manager will need is to remove the non-required people from the default before assigning the task. The idea of checkboxes was that to know who was on the list to add/remove, having them in the default did the thing. They are not a very big team, so it was OK for him to click couple of backspaces to remove unwanted names. And the business was OK with it to replace the checkboxes. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

glad it helped happy.png