Returning lines

• 15 January 2007
  • 4 replies

Badge +4
Hi ,

Can anyone please tell me the way to return lines.

4 replies

Badge +5
Hello,
I'm building a workflow where a requestor needs approval by his manager. The manager can if he approves forward the request to the helpdesk.

I want if the manager disapproves, that the flow is returned to the requestor so that he can make a change/review the request without that he has to fill in a completely new request.

Can this be done with returning lines ? (line from manager to first activity in the process). Or must I create a new activity on a level "below" manager that represents the Requestor ?
Badge +11
I would create a new activity on a level "below" manager that represents the Requestor.
- Ockert
Badge +5
I'm now thinking of a situation where the requestor needs to contact the manager more than two times before the manager kicks the flow ahead ... Can a line that is green in the "View Flow" be executed more than once technically ?
Badge +11
Absolutely - but it does limit the 'functionality' of the Viewflow component since you would only see the result of the last time the line was followed (green) or blocked (red). You would not be able to see (from the Viewflow) what the outcome of the linerule was the first time the line was encountered.
- Ockert