michaela
Cloud Wanderer

Re: Content Type Forms vs List Forms

Who's David?

BTW, I have to apologise when I earlier said that customisations to incorporated site columns at the list level were preserved. I just did a couple of quick tests myself and can confirm that the customisations are indeed lost when you push down an update from the site column level. In fact, it even says so right on the page!

I don't know what I was thinking when I was so convinced that customisations were preserved. Perhaps I had removed a content type, but the instance of the site column remained at the list level and was hence no longer inheriting changes?

Anyway, in this regard, I would say that Nintex Content Type forms behave in the same way as site columns do, however, there's no option to "Update all the forms based on this form?" as it just defaults to yes and customisations are overwritten.

Thanks for the suggestion to raise the user voice improvement, I'll do that shortly!

0 Kudos
jpmhuls
Workflow Veteran

No problem Michael (and no idea who David is either and where that came from ),

Indeed, when removing the content type, or when saving the list as template and use it in another site collection, it would turn the site columns in a list into list columns.

I'll for sure will support your improvement suggestion in the User Voice. As I agree that being able to locally modify content type Nintex Forms should not be overwritten by content type change of the form.

0 Kudos
michaela
Cloud Wanderer

I found an existing suggestion that was in line with mine, so I voted for that as well as commented on having the option to propagate updates down to child forms. Reference: Work away the differences between forms on content type and list level – Customer Feedback for Ninte...