Not applicable

Conditional start not working

Hi,

We have for a long time been facing issues with getting the conditional start to work. This is concerning list workflows and seem to be a problem with the modifed by conditional start function.

We do have some workflows setup were it works, but when we create new workflows with the "modified" conditional start the workflows doesnt start when the conditions are met.

I have tried to copy the specific conditions that work on existing workflows onto new workflows and they dont run simultaneously with the others.

This specific condition is that "column a" equals "value",

We are running nintex workflows 2010.

Does anyone have a similar problem or know of a fix that can be applied here?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
tomcastiglia
Nintex Newbie

Re: Conditional start not working

Emil - What is the data type for "column a"?  I have used the conditional start on numerous occasions and I don't recall any problems.  Perhaps the problem you are seeing is specific to a certain type of column.

Tom Castiglia

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. I havent tested all column types, but I have tested choice columns and yes/no columns. However I am not sure if the problem is due to the column types used as we have an existing workflow that is working with the same conditions as the one not working. ie. We have an old workflow that will start with a condition referring to column type choice and a new workflow that is now working with the column type choice (the conditions are exactly the same).

0 Kudos
kmaj
Nintex Newbie

Hi Emil,

do you have any other EventReceivers active on that list? Maybe they disturb each other...

Regards,
Kai

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Kaj,

This is a quite interesting proposal, I will investigate and update when I have findings.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi again,

Sorry for the long response time, we have plenty of active workflows on this list (about 10), but I dont know how to investigate if they interfere with new workflows I am creating. I just tried creating another workflow with the start when modified: conditional as seen in the picture below:

Workflow.png

The workflow itself is just an update item, but it doesnt start. Any inputs on this would be greatly appreciated as it is currently causing quite big annoyances.

0 Kudos
kmaj
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

testing a smaller workflow is always the best thing to do here.

Does it run, if you put a delay activity of one minute at the first position?

Regards,

Kai

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi again Kaj,

Thanks for returning to my problem

I have tried adding a one min. delay, but it doesnt affect the situation, the workflow still doesnt start.

0 Kudos
kmaj
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

sorry to hear that is it still not working.

Just to cross check: Can you edit the workflow-start to a non-conditional-start? You can put you conditions into a "run-if" activity, where you can put all of your normal activities into. This is not a long-term solution, but a test

==> Does it run?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Kai,

I have no idea what happened, but for some reason it works now I have tested it with a new workflow too, that didnt previously work, and that also runs.

The IT gods are truly with me today!

Thanks for all your support!