Designer Environment Not Connecting Properly

• 29 February 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

When I reboot my XP/Vista machine and open Visio or Studio the environment doesn't connect. So then I re-run the BP configuration manager and reboot, then it works. Sometimes though, it never does connect back to the BP server until I run the configuration manager several times. Like it has a mind of it's own. Anyone else having this issue? I will attach an image from Visio. It is missing the SharePoint servers in the list. 3 hours ago it was there and I was working on a workflow.

SP Missing

3 replies

Badge +7

Hi - would love to help you out but need some more information

• Have you checked the Event Viewer (In computer management) for any obvious errors (if so, could you post them on here?)
  • Have you tried running the K2 server in console mode (you need to stop the K2 service and run the server from the start menu) See http://blog.mgallen.com/?p=114 if you get any error in that, can you post them on here?
  • Have you looked at the K2 server logs (in the K2 BlackPearl installation folder)
  • Is there anything that could be causing an issue in SQL Server? (check SQL logs perhaps)

Sorry I can't be of more help right now

Martin

Badge +5
figured it out. I had a licensing issue.
Badge +2
having same problem. Replying to repost this stranded item