Solved

Concatenate multiple collection variables once extracted from multi-line text field

• 21 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you to this discussion, I have been able to extract the comments from a multi-line text field where append text was enabled; however, I am still unable to display the data onto a sharepoint list column:  Solved: Extracting Data from Appended Multi-Line Text Fiel... - Nintex Community

I am using on-prem Nintex Workflow/Sharepoint 2019 and request assistance on this final step in building a string that captures each extraction after using the "Call Web Service" and "Query XML" action resulting in e.g., 4 different data sets, how do I build a string for each data set to display Date, Name, Comment in a new column.

I tried using the For Each and adding a math operation, but it did not work. If you are able to provide examples with screen prints, I would greatly appreciate it.

icon

Best answer by isabellamai 16 May 2022, 14:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @isabellamai 

What form of output would you like? do you want to return the data into a file, or display it in a new form? 

If you can let me know I will see if I can make something for you. 

Kind regards

Jake

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Jake 

Thanks for trying to assist.  I had referenced this URL/post for my solution: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint-Forum/Extracting-Data-from-Appended-Multi-Line-Text-Field/td-p/30134

Cwentzel's response (on page 2) regarding using: //defaultNS:Versions/defaultNS:Version/@Modified instead of what was originally outlined helped resolve my problem.