Completing a Flexi-Task assigned in a different workflow

• 25 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have two site workflows.  Workflow 1 assigns a Flexi-task ("Task 1"), then waits for a month.  If Task 1 is already completed, the workflow completes.  If Task 1 is not already completed, it starts Workflow 2, which starts another Flexi-Task ("Task 2") asking the assignee for a status of Task 1.  If the assignee responds using Task 2 that the status is complete, Workflow 2 uses an Update Item action to change the status for Task 1 to "Complete" and the % Complete to "100%".  However, the outcome for Task 1 stays as "Pending" and Workflow 1 does not move forward.  Is there a better way to mark Task 1 as completed?  If not, how do I get Workflow 1 to move forward?

2 replies

Badge +3

Try to Use the reminder and escalation function in flexi task 1 instead the second workflow with a second task. Two tasks for the same action are not really useful.

Badge +3

There are two actions: conducting a review (which takes a few months) and providing a monthly status of that review (I need this for management reporting).   When asked for the status, the Assignee can respond that the review is complete.  I don't want the Assignee to also need to respond to the review task; I want the "complete" response to trigger completing the review task.