Using Images in SmartObjects

Badge +3

Hi,

I have a smartobject ‘A’ which has Image details stored including the actual Image (These details have been pre-stored in this smartobject). I have another smartobject ‘B’, which has similar fields like ‘A’, apart from a few other fields. I am using the smartobject ‘A’ as a source for my picker control in a view created using smartobject B’.

I have set the rules to transfer the data from smartobject ‘A’ to my view when the picker is changed. Upon changing the picker control, the image details are successfully transferred from smartobject ‘A’ to my view, including the actual image that is pre-stored in smartobject ‘A’.  The issue occurs when I click create button on my view that is created using smartobject ‘B’. Upon clicking the create button, all the details on my view get saved to the database (including the details from smartobject ‘A’) except the actual image file which was populated on my view from smartobject A, when the picker was changed. (screenshot attached)

I am using SQL Server to create my smartobjects and I am using nvarchar(MAX) as th datatype for the image. Could anyone help me with this issue?

Regards,

Sami

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi,

Can you provide a screen shot of the mappings for your Create Method?

Badge +3

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response. Please find attached the screenshot of my create method mappings. Text data gets transferred correctly but the image data doesn't. I don't know if it is possile to transfer and store images stored in one smartobject to another smartobject using a view and its rules. Please guide me on this.

Regards,

Sami

13715i00863BC5923ACC97.jpg
Badge +3

Hello Experts,

Any thoughts on this issue? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

from what I can see in the screen shot the mappings look right. What you might try doing is the data transfer to the bound smart object fields instead of the controls and then use the smart object bindings that are bound to those controls instead in your method mapping.

S.