Hello, I need some help creating a workflow that will update one sharepoint list from another. The two lists are in different sites. I have limited Nintex experience and will need help understanding what to enter.

• 15 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a SharePoint that is tracking 1100 circuits, the list name is "56K".  There are 4 columns of data (Disco Submitted, Disco Scheduled, Database Cleaned and Circuit Off Bill) that need to be updated from another SharePoint site with a list called "Discos".  The columns of data are similarly named in each site.  The key column to search on is the Circuit ID column which is in both lists.  Not all circuits in the "Discos" list are in the "56K" list. 

The objective is as new dates are entered into the "Discos" list for a Circuit ID, the four columns of data specified are, in turn, updated in the "56K" list for that Circuit ID. 

This Nintex Workflow would be on SharePoint 2013.

I am a novice at Nintex Workflow.  I will need help in the specific details on how this can be accomplished.

Thank you.

1 reply

Badge +16

Hi you will need your workflow to sit as a list workflow on your "discos" list that will run automatically on item creation - you can choose that setting in workflow settings.

the action you need in your workflow is "update multiple items". You can specify the site where 56k lives and choose list 56k and filter where circuit ID in 56k = current item: circuit ID.  You then choose which columns you want to update in 56k.

in the action configuration you will find a "help" button which will tell you exactly how to configure the action.

if none of this makes sense send us some screenshots of both lists and I will mock something up for you.