Has anyone seen this type of behavior before from Task Notification messages, or can anyone tell us where the message body would be getting overridden from?

• 21 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We are using Nintex Forms with Sharepoint 2013 on-premise.

We have created a State Machine workflow for approval requests.

We are currently using Lazy Approval, using the workflow action “Request Approval” for email notification, to automate our Approval process.

We have customized our Task Notification messages, from [Site Settings -> Message Templates]. (view pic)

This is what we have in our Task Notification messages body: (view below)

This is what we are receiving after the workflow is executed: (view below)

When our workflow sends the email notification, we are receiving an email message that is different from the messages in the Message Templates.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before, or can anyone tell us where the message body would be getting overridden from?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm not sure which  'Message template' you mean and what you expect to get.

the message you  receive seems to be 'correct'.

message header and footer (and lazy approval note) are always appended to your custom message body.

message body (pre)defined in site settings is preloaded into task action's  notification when you add a task action to the workflow. apparently you have customized it.

if you mean the message you receive doesn't fully correspond to a 'template'/design in task action notification - that's a quite common issue. wysiwyg message editor and underlying html markup are very likely to get out of sync resp. html markup often gets broken. you may try to fix html markup but usually it's easier/faster to design the message from scratch.

Badge +1

Hi Marian,

Thank you for your response!

The 'unidentified' message we are getting in our email is not a message in our 'Message template'.

We do NOT know where this 'unidentified' message is coming from.

We would like to know where else this message is located, so we can either modify the message or disable the message so the messages in our email will be coming from messages in our 'Message template'.

Do you know where else we could look to find this 'unidentified' message getting populated in our Lazy Approval emails?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm not sure, what you mean with 'unidentified message'?

is it one on 3rd screenshot above ("This is what we are receiving...")?

or do you get any other message(s)?

Badge +1

Yes, it's the 3rd screenshot above ("This is what we are receiving".)

We checked the html code, removed the spacing and adding spacing back, but we are still getting (for  {ItemProperty:txtLastName} )

text in the middle of our message.

In the html code, this text, "(for  {ItemProperty:txtLastName} )",  is not there.

Do you know where this is coming from?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I guess it's coming from that LName reference from the line above, isn't it?

I guess some markup is broken/corrupted or misinterpreted.