Does "Enforce message header and footer" set to "No" remove Footers from Existing Workflows?

• 31 January 2020
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

In this short article

https://community.nintex.com/t5/How-To-s/How-to-remove-Headers-and-Footers-from-email-templates/ta-p/90480

the author describes how to make sure that headers and footers in Send notificaiton actions only appear when needed. I am developing a workflow, where I'd like to disable the default footer and header that is used elsewhere on the site.

My question is, if I follow the author's advice and set the "Enforce message header and footer" to "No", will this disable the footers and headers on existing workflows? 

I would have tested it, but I'm afraid to affect the existing workflows.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

When the "Enforce email header and footer:" setting is changed in Central Administration you will not see any changes anywhere in the environement. This means existing running workfows will still use the headers and any new instances of workflows will also use the headers.

For the change to take affect you need to open the workflow in the designer, Open the Send Notifictaion action and uncheck the "Include message header and footer (email only)" which will appear near the bottom of the action. Save the action configuration and then publish.
Any new instance of the workflow will now not use the header/footer for that action.
Badge +3
Thanks a lot! I'll try that out.