Not applicable

Coercion failed error on Run If action?

Jump to solution

I'm receiving a "Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type" error from a Run if action. I have no idea why this would be occuring in my workflow let alone that specific task. Or at least that's the task i believe is throwing the error.

Workflow description:

The workflow below is a snippet from a much larger workflow that requires user approval and comments. When a user enters a key word into the comments section of an approval form this section runs. I can tell the two green tasks run without error as the other workflow being called starts and finishes without a problem but the main WF ends up erring at this step.

What can be the possible reason a Coercion Failed error would occur? There are no variables being stored or columns being written to here.

Could this be an error from a previous task showing up out of error due to batch processing?

5 Replies
fhunth
Workflow Veteran

Re: Coercion failed error on Run If action?

Jump to solution

Try using the action "Commit pending changes" before the condition.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'll give that a try but it will take some time before i can verify the results.

mgreene
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I would agree with Fernando on putting a "Commit pending changes" action before the condition to test. Not a whole lot of people understand what it does, but there is a really good write up​ that explains how it works and when to use it.

Like you said, and like the image indicates, it looks like the run if action is evaluating properly.  My first instinct is that it has something to do with the pause, but that is primarily from experience telling me not to trust or use them.  They are notorious for not functioning as expected.  I would start with the commit pending changes action and then if that doesn't help see about removing the pause for testing.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

When you can, Jeremy Grabowsky​, let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Matt and Fernando. I added the commit pending changes and removed the pause action from my workflow as you suggested. As of this afternoon i was able to see it run through without a hitch. I'm not sure what action fixed the issue but I'm just glad it is now working properly.

slimmed down new process all in green!