Empty list of conditions

Badge +3

SharePoint 2013 SP1 with August 2016 CU, Nintex workflow enterprise On our Dev server, the list of conditions for Set-Condition and Run-if actions display as an empty drop-down as shown

201610_pastedImage_3.png

The license checks

All actions are enabled

Permissions are set for everyone.

The web application activation page offers the option to activate the feature, but it seems to be activated and the same is true for the QA and Production tiers which are working fine.

A random test of other actions seems to indicate they are working.

I inherited this server, and have no knowledge of the setup other than what I can see in Central Admin.

Any and all ideas will be most appreciated.

Regards,

John

8 replies

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

Is it only for this action or do other actions have the same/compareble issues?

Do you use a supported webbrowser?

The only environment I have seen with comparable strange issues (empty fields) was an environment where every webapplication had a non-default portnumber (brrr) and a load-balancer/reverse proxy was in front of the SharePoint farm doing the https>http and portnumber translation. The solution was in the reverse proxy in front if I remember correctly.

Try also to logon the SharePoint server and check if you see the same behavior.

Cheers,

Rick

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you experience the problem consistently for every single configuration dialog opening?

or is it intermittent and if you try to open configuration dialog several times in a row, isn't it sometimes populated correctly?

Badge +3

Rick,

This is an all up SharePoint dev server with a separate database server. No unusual ports, no LB.

Logged on the server, I (well, the admin account) see the conditions listed. I would think it was permissions, but when I check permissions, it is checked to allow all users to use all actions.

Was using Edge, which has never given me an issue.

UPDATE:  Seems to be sort of working at the moment. Just worked in IE on my workstation. It is not working in Edge. Not working in Firefox.

Badge +3

When it is not working, it is consistently not working. I have had success with IE. Other browsers not working.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I affraid you will have to stick with IE for design, it's only officially supported browser - see  

Badge +8

Yes, that is why I asked if you were using a supported browser. Thankfully NWC and SharePoint 2016 is less strict.

Please "close" this question when you think it has been answered for you. Thanks.

Badge +3

The curious bit is that using Edge and Firefox on the production or QA tiers is not an issue.

As long as anything is working, we are in business.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it may depend not only on browser but as well on exact release/version/patch level of forms, workflow, sharepoint IIS, etc,  on single envs.