Reference flexi-task

• 6 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have a workflow where multiple users are assigned tasks to review a site page using a Flexi-task. I want the workflow to take actions based on each Assignees outcome and not wait for all Assignees to respond.  For example, if the first Assignee's outcome is "Questions", I want a the workflow to set a variable, then enter a state machine immediately instead of waiting for the other Assignees to respond.  

Is this possible?  Do I run a parallel action?

I've attached a screenshot of what I have so far.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

There seems to be a contradiction in the process.
You say "I want the workflow to take actions based on each Assignees outcome"
And then say "and not wait for all Assignees to respond" and "instead of waiting for the other Assignees to respond."

Do you want all assignees input or not?.

The Flexi Task will continue based on "First response applies" by default meaning it will take the response of the first person to approve and continue and not wait for the others.
Badge +3

I want input from each person assigned the flexi-task, but want to know how Assignee1 responded without having to wait until all other Assignees respond.  A possible response is to ask me a question, so I want to know the question as soon as possible.  I've tried using a collection variable and For Each to query their user profile to get first and last name, then start the Flexi-task for each assignee.  Each assignee gets a task, but the notification email uses the first person entered into the collection variable to get the first and last name, so the task notification is delivered to Assignee2, but the salutation is Assignee1's name.  The workflow also completes after all Assignees have responded instead of going to the next actions.  The workflow actions are as follows.

Collection operation that pulls user IDs from a Person variable on the start form:

8743i2D99CFD48656802F.jpg

For each action:

8744iC358BA04DB9EE36F.jpg

Get collection operation

8746i25C109EAAE62378A.jpg

Query user profile

8747iF9E030D8AFEA1DB3.jpg

Assign Flexi-task

8748iBE58A55E810F5A89.jpg

I also tried not using the Index for the collection variable so the Add operation would put the user's ID directly into the ReviewerID variable, but that has the same problem.