Error configuring SOURCECODE datasource

Badge +1

I have been trying to create an rdl report in Visual Studio 2005  - for this I have been following the K2 Blackpoint documentation  “Creating K2 Platform based RDL report in Visual Studio”  I got stuck, when the SOURCECODE option wasn’t present in the datasource list – however I solved that using http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000411.aspx

Now I’ve got another problem, when I try to Edit the connection string -  I enter the Server Name, Port and Smart Objects properties then hit Test connection button and get the following error:

Value cannot be null.   Parameter: server

The OK button remains disabled. 

I am hoping someone has seen this error before and can help me solve it. 

Thanks,

Vanessa

4 replies

Badge +3

Hi Vanessa,

It seems that the Edit option can not be used, you can add the following connection string in the connection string box when adding your data source.

Server=yourserver;Port=5555

You should then be able to build a report using the data source created.

Badge +1

Hi Mark,

thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestion and now get the following error when I click 'OK'

===================================

A connection cannot be made to the database.
Set and test the connection string.
 (Microsoft Report Designer)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Design.Query.CreateConnection()
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Design.Query.CreateAndValidateConnection()
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Design.Query.IsValidConnectionString(Exception& exception)

===================================

Open Failed : Host and/or Port invalid (SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Open)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Open(String connectionString)
   at SourceCode.Data.SmartObjectsClient.SOConnection.get_SOClientServer()
   at SourceCode.Data.SmartObjectsClient.SOConnection.Open()
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.ConnectionWrapper.Open()
   at Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Design.Query.CreateConnection()

Is there a way to check the setup for the SmartObjects server? 

Also would I need to add a SmartObjects parameter to bring back only the objects I require?

Thanks,

Vanessa

Badge +2

Hi,

recently i ran into the same issue, i managed to set up the smart object datasource with directly entering the K2 connection string for datasource and selecting the smart objects. I think there is some sort of bug, in configuration windows, it misses some parameters, and the validation couldn't run properly, so it set to disable the ok button.  

Connection string example: AutoAlias=True;Port=5555;Server=localhost;SmartObjects=Activity_Data;Activity_XML 

Maxim 

Badge +2

thankd for giving the guide. its working fine