Change Web Service URL .net

• 24 February 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Good morning,

I have an Endpoint Web Service that use a web service in a remote machine. The issue is that this remote machine change the IP every day. Anybody knows how can i change the Web Service URL dinamically in .NET?

Thank you

Juan Antonio

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear , 

you should not be worried about them changing there webservice IP unless you use there public IP to access the service which is not right.

any exposed webservice should have one URL and never use an IP to reference the webservice.

you should use a domain URL to access their web service not the IP.

and why they change the IP every day ?

or you have a list of IPs 

Hope it helps!

Regards.

Badge +6

you should not be worried about them changing there webservice IP unless you use there public IP to access the service which is not right.

any exposed webservice should have one URL and never use an IP to reference the webservice.

you should use a domain URL to access their web service not the IP.

and why they change the IP every day ?

or you have a list of IPs 

Thank you for your time answering my question

I am using a external IP to call the web service, because, i cannot access to the server name because is not populated in the network

The issue is, that i need to change every day the URL automatically using the K2 API, and i dont know how can i do it.

Thank you very much

Juan Antonio

Badge +6

Finally i used the machine name to call the web service and the issue is solved. Thank you very much!!!!