I am having one state machine workflow with four state. In one State i am having “switch” statement.. In my situation my workflow enter in to the initiation state where (Switch action) is there and based on the field value move to the different bra

• 29 October 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am having one state machine workflow with four state.  In one State i am having “switch” statement..  In my situation my workflow enter in to the initiation state where (Switch action) is there and based on the field value move to the different branch of the switch and perform the work as a final step of each Brach of the switch I am moving the state of the workflow to another "stage" by "Change State" action.  I am stuck in this stage and workflow not moving to the next stage.  Required suggestion on this.   My Nintex workflow is SharePoint 2010 standard version., I am having one state machine workflow with four state.  In one State i am having “switch” statement..  In my situation my workflow enter in to the initiation state where (Switch action) is there and based on the field value move to the different branch of the switch and perform the work as a final step of each Brach of the switch I am moving the state of the workflow to another "stage" by "Change State" action.  I am stuck in this stage and workflow not moving to the next stage.  Required suggestion on this.   My Nintex workflow is SharePoint 2010 standard version.

5 replies

Badge +5

Do you have any other state machines in your environment that are operating correctly?  Can you send over screenshots of your workflow?  In your switch, check the box for Include an "other" value branch.  Perhaps your variable is not evaluating the way you are expecting it to.

Badge +1

State_Machine.PNGHI

Thanks for your reply.   State Machine workflow with switch screen shot given below.   The same workflow working on O365 and SharePoint 2013 it is not working on SP 2010 also if I have not used the change state with in any Loop/Condition statement this state machine works fine.   Once I started using change state in Condition statement or Loop it got failed and not changing the state.

Badge +5

Can you try adding the "other" branch to the switch?  Add a change state action in the other branch. 

Badge +1

Hi

Again thanks a lot for your quick reply.   I tried this option again it stuck in the Change State.   It happening only on SharePoint 2010 our environment.   It works fine in O365 and SP2013.

Switch_Other.PNG

Badge +5

Unfortunately, I know little about the backend.  Hopefully another user can help you out on why the State Machine is getting stuck. In the past, when I have had state machines fail on me, I was able to export the workflow, import it, and publish it.  This must reset something and it starts operating as it should again. 

Two things. Our environment does have safe-looping enabled, which creates a 5 minute pause before switching to the other state.  The pause is not visible to me.  Also, it does look like your switch evaluated to the other branch, which would indicate it is not working like you intended it.