How to Configure/Develop a nintex workflow for birthdate notifications in sharepoint list

Badge +3

Hi Team,

Please help me. How to Configure/Develop a nintex workflow for birth date notifications in SharePoint list!.

Advance Thanks 

22 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If you already have a list of people with birthdays, then you're ahead of the game! You can create a site workflow that sets a date variable for "todaysDate" and then query your list and get the items where birthday == todaysDate. From there, you can send the email to the person whose birthday it is or their manager or the company or whomever!

Badge +3

Hi Vargo,

Thanks for your reply and how this workflow will run automatically everyday.

Thanks in Advance

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you will have to schedule it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Are you in Office 365 or SharePoint 2013/2016? This will determine the best way for you to schedule it.

Badge +3

Hi Courtey Vargo,

i am using SharePoint 2013. please let me know schedule will works!

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Check out this link: Scheduling a workflow 

Badge +3

Thank you very much happy.png

Badge +3

Hi Courtney Vargo 

Configured the workflow as you said but I am not getting the value on today date. please find the screen shot

Please let me I am missing any thing

Thanks in Advance

Badge +3

when I click to run now not getting the values on today date items

Please let me I am missing any thing

Thanks in Advance

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello srinivas sri‌, the "todayDate," is that a workflow variable or a list column? Your workflow should be:

Create Workflow Variable of type Date

Set that workflow Variable (we can call it todaysDateVar) to "date action was executed" (this will set it to right now today)

Make sure time isn't included!

Now, run your query and look for BirthDate == todaysDateVar

The field that you want to output is probably BirthDate and User (so you know whose birthday that is!)

Then use the ForEach loop to send an email to each person wishing them a happy birthday!

Badge +3

Hi Vargo,

I have developed workflow as follows but it first time showing error and second time its running the workflow.

please suggest if am missing something

Thanks & Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Can you show me the actual action configurations? Also, what type of error(s) are you getting?

Badge +3

Thank for reply please find the configurations as follows

Query

foreach

condition in loop

Error is workflow error

this workflow is configured as site workflow as auto schedule but while running 1st time its showing error and 2nd time its running fine

I hope I have given clear details about the issue.

Thanks

Badge +3

And also please help me how to insert the background image for the notifications.

Thanks

Badge +3

and also in the Query how to get the list on MM/DD wise am not getting the result and please find the query

<Query>
  <Lists>
    <List ID="{000000}" />
  </Lists>
  <ViewFields>
    <FieldRef Name="BirthDate" />
    <FieldRef Name="EName" />
  </ViewFields>
  <Where>
    <Eq>
      <FieldRef Name="BirthDate"  />
      <Value Type="DateTime">
<Today/>
</Value>
    </Eq>
  </Where>
  <OrderBy>
    <FieldRef Name="BirthDate" Ascending="true" />
  </OrderBy>
  <ViewAttributes Scope="Recursive" />
</Query>

please help me

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello Srinivas,

I typically use the GUI for the query construction, not the CAML editor. When using that editor I would query list "Birthday" and filter for where "BirthDate" == Today (in 365, I make a variable for todays date, you may not need to as I'm not familiar with On Premises). I normally output the ID of the matching items to the collection variable, then for each, send email to person in birthday list where ID == ID.

Check out this post:   For some screenshots and further explanation

Badge +3

Hi Courtney Vargo , I am using GUI as follows but not getting the list MM/DD wise getting dynamic result only

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you post

- example how BirthDate field is populate in list

- exact error you get

- output of Run Now

- output of Run Now with CAML with no where expression

Badge +3

Hi Marian Hatala,

Thanks for your response, what I am doing is in the list 'Bday' column and creating variable 'today assigning today date

but while query on the list I need to get the data on month and day only but I am not getting the data.

Please let me know how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'd still need more info on 'Bday' field.

Is it date column? Is it just date or date+time?

or is it some text column?

Badge +3

yes Bday is Date Field only

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

CAML has no direct possibilities to query for dates based just on month and day.

I would suggest following approach

- create calculated list field that pick day and month from birthday date and presents them as a string value eg. like MMDD

- in workflow create a variable that do the same for today's date

- make a query against that calculated field by a value of workflow variable