How can I filter a list by date less than or equal to a given date value in nintex forms and output the results to a file ?

• 5 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

How can I filter a list by date less than or equal to a given date value in nintex forms and output the results to a file ?

4 replies

Badge +7

Good day Thomas,

The first part is easy. To filter the list you can use the Query list option and filter on the date field (in my case it was Created date) and I filtered by Current Date.

196234_pastedImage_2.png

Save the options to collection variables. 

Then create a for Each to read the values from the collections.  At this point in the for Each, you can create a table and send an email. OR use the Update document actions to populate the values into a document.

Let me know if you need more information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you specify what exactly you mean with 'list within form'?

repeating section, list view, lookup .... ?

in ether case, to get a solution in forms I affraid you will have to write some customized solution in javascript.

Badge +1

Hello Francois,

thank you very much for your answer! Now it works fine with the collection variables and the “for each” action.

At time i write them to the workflow protocol to see if it works.

At next I want to create a table in a document that creates for each item dynamical a row depending on the number of elements.

I tried it with the "update Document" action but it doesent work. It updates only the row...

Do you have any ideas?

Badge +7

Hi Thomas,

Have you manage to resolve this issue?  From our one community mission last year we had to format a list output into a table and then email the table to a manager.   Have you tried using this concept for this problem. 

What we had to do in the example is query a list, filter it and for a certain criteria add a record to a table.  Then at the end of the list query we added the header back and then populated the whole value as one variable into the email.

The For loop is where the list items are being added to the table

200562_pastedImage_3.png

1.  In the block you add all the columns.  I think <tr>  is for a table row and <td> is for each column in the table row.  And I save each row to variable output. 

200560_pastedImage_1.png

2. Then I took whatever has already been added to the table  + the new output row just created.  This process will build the table for you.

200561_pastedImage_2.png

Then right at the end before you want to update the document control with a value, you can add a heading to your table and then add the body below the heading.  This (Email Body) can be the control value that you need to link back to the document.

200563_pastedImage_4.png

Hope this helps.