How to display photo of a people or group column set to show field Name (with picture and details)

Badge +6

LOOKS GREAT ON THE LIST, NOT ON THE FORM. HOW DO I GET THE PICTURE TO DISPLAY??

64068_pastedImage_0.png64069_pastedImage_1.png

11 replies

Badge +11

Weird. Its almost like it can't find it.

Badge +9

Hi Emily,

I have tried in O365.

I am able to display my user profile picture on a Web Part but with the same url, it does not display in the Nintex form.

The root cause can be that the Nintex form is displayed from another domain as Nintex is using a different domain. (In the url, there is a number)

If you are on-Premise, maybe it applies also from a different way.

I have found this article, maybe it can help you.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +9

Hi Emily,

This is a Powershell Script that needs to be run by an Admin on the Server if they agree.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +9

If this is still not solving the issue, you should contact Nintex Support if they do not need to do something on their side as well. It will help everybody in this community, I believe.

Badge +17

I haven't tried this, but I would guess you could use REST to query the UPS potentially to pull back the image.

You may be able to use REST to also query the user name, take the name and inject that into a Web Service call to retrieve the image from the mysite as well. Very tricky indeed and may not be worthwhile.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Is it in SharePoint OnPremise 2010 or 2013 or SharePoint Online?

Badge +6

2013 On Premise Plus Nintex 2013 Workflows & Forms with the most recent updated versions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I've tested on my environment and everything is working.

Are there JavaScript errors on the page ?

Badge +6

No errors, just a black X like the screen shot above. Can you tell me how you configured the control on the form please? I don't know anything about "REST" and our server admins do not want to run any scripts on the server to accomplish this simple thing that should work out of the box.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Actually I haven't do anything on my form.

Just adding the control corresponding to my list column (created as your screenshot).

On the page where there's the black X, can you right click on the black X and then click on "inspect element" and send a screenshot of what is displaying ?

Badge +6

The easy solution is just to use a multiline text box with rich text and insert a photo. It displays on the form just fine.