Web Service Reference: Compile Error

Badge +1
Hi, I'm using WebService Event in K2.Net Studio,
I've added the reference in the project, but there is a compilation error: "(¿falta una directiva using o una referencia de ensamblado?)" although it has been added.
Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +4
Hi adominguez,

Although my language comprehension is not to good I think that your web service client requires some assembly that is being referenced by the web service itself or is needed to use the web service. If you are using a 3rd party web service I think that would not be the case. If you are using one of your own web services check to see that you are not passing a complex type or class as a parameter or return value. To serialize and deserialize custom classes or types you require a "template" such as an Interface class on the client side.

Hope this helps.

Graham
Badge +1
Hi again,
I've a web service that is being referenced by other webservice, I've a reference a this second but the error is not solved.
If I do test with a web service alone, the project compile perfectly but in real time, the process has an error Http 401: Unauthorized.
Thanks
Badge +4
Oh,

When you use the lower level web service you get the 401 or at the higher level? You are not quite clear here. Have you checked both web services outside K2 Studio with your own test program? Did they both perform as expected?

However, it looks like you have a problem that is not releated to K2 but rather to the web service itself. Please test first the web services in isolation and get working and then add to K2. Thereafter, if there is still a problem within the K2 event I could be of further help.

Regards
Graham