How to stop/start a workflow based off assignee responses?

Badge +2

I'd like to be able to send a thank you message when a task status has been updated to complete but if it's still pending or in another stages, then I'd like a reminder email to be sent out every "x" days. How can I do this with Nintex Workflow 2013? My current setup will still send reminders even after status is in the complete stage. Here's how my current workflow looks and it's probably set up totally wrong. I haven't had much of a detailed guidance posting on here .. so this may be my last post. :/ thanks!

Break down: 

The run if is if status is changed to completed, then a notification gets sent to assignee and assigner thanking them for their completed task.

I'd like the task reminder to only run, if the status is still anything less than completed but to stop if status is changed to completed. 

How can I accomplish this? Thanks!

217885_pastedImage_1.png

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

instead of the run if you could use a "set a condition" action, so in a branch of that action you can put what's actually inside of the RunIf and in the other branche, the other actions that have to be ececuted if the status is not equal to completed

Badge +2

Hi Giacomo, 

Would this work? I'm testing it out now but I'd like to see if my items are placed in the correct areas: 

217956_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Lisa,

yes, that's what I had in mind..try it and let me know

Giacomo

Badge +2

Hi Giacomo, 

I've recorded the actions of this workflow and it did not flow as intended. The task was assigned on 07/30 with a due date of 8/10. It did not automatically send a reminder, so I had to go into the task and "schedule" the workflow on 8/2. After scheduling, it did send a reminder every 2-days (8/7 and 8/9) as set in the rule, but when I changed the status of the task to complete on 8/9 it did not send an email that the task is completed. Additional reminders were not sent, but on 8/14 the task was delegated and an email was sent to the assignee that the approval is no longer required which wouldn't make sense since the task was already approved and completed. 

Do you have any idea why this happens or how I can modify this workflow so I can have it working like I need it to? Why does Nintex have to be so complicated... sad.png 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Lisa,

there is something that I don't understand in your description... you say that a task has been assigned on 07/30 and then that you've "scheduled" the workflow..what do you mean exactly? 

Starting the workflow should create the task (with the Request Approval action) and also set the reminders based on your action configuration.

Actually, when the workflow starts I think that the status is different from Complete, so in the set a condition it will always execute the left branch..

and about the delegation, I don't think that delegation has a check to not be executed if the task is already completed so you have to put this logic by yourself..

about task completion email..why don't you put it under Request Approval action? so it will be sent after approval of the task (that should be equivalent of completion of it)..