espradli
Scout

Cannot use NIntex Forms for content type : Nintex Workflow Multi Outcome Task

Jump to solution

People are not able to get to task assigned to them where the content type "Nintex Workflow Mulit Outcome Task" is being used. When they receive the email with "click here to respond to your task". They get a "Something went wrong" error. We just upgraded to forms version 2.8.0.0

Tags (1)
16 Replies
cju
Scout

Re: Cannot use NIntex Forms for content type : Nintex Workflow Multi Outcome Task

Jump to solution

Hi Emily,

You cannot customise the form of the content type "Nintex Workflow Multi Outcome Task" from the content type page.

You should customise the form in the workflow where you added the Flexi task action (in the configuration of the flexi task action).

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
espradli
Scout

Re: Cannot use NIntex Forms for content type : Nintex Workflow Multi Outcome Task

Jump to solution

I edited the form through the workflow flexi task "edit task form" but people are not able to get to the task?? They have contribute permission to the list and the workflow list but cannot get to the task form.

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

They need the read permission on the related list item.

If you've edited the Advanced settings of the list, "Item-level permissions" part and selected the option "Read items that were created by the user" then assigning unique permissions on the item won't work and the user need "Design" or "Full control" or "Manage hierarchy" permission on the list to be able to read an item that he didn't create.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

How do they use the lazy approval ?

Do they reply to the email sent from your SharePoint farm ?

0 Kudos
espradli
Scout

Jump to solution

Yes, they reply to the email with "approve" or "reject". This always worked until we upgraded to version 2.8.0.0

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

Have you checked in the central administration of SharePoint if the lazy approval parameters are still correct ?

Is the SMTP service still running and correctly configured on your SharePoint server ?

Is the email account used for the incoming email still correctly configured ?

0 Kudos
espradli
Scout

Jump to solution

I figured out what the issue is. I had the advanced setting turned on to where folks can only see their own items. Then the workflow changed the permissions on the item...however with the update the workflow does NOT override that advanced feature.

To fix it, I turned off the advanced setting so that everyone can see and edit everything. Then I had the workflow change the individual permissions when an item is created.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Emily Spradlin​! If you have a solution, please select a "correct answer," even if it's your own. It's very helpful to others in the community seeking similar solutions.  If you're still working on it, I look forward to more back and forth between you and Caroline Jung​.

Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

espradli
Scout

Jump to solution

well this is happening again and I cannot figure it out. Lazy approval works, but when they get to the Nintex form and try to click on approve or reject it gives them an error. This time there are no individual permissions on the items.  Caroline Jung

It even happens to me when I am signed in with the system account. We can get to the task form but when we click on "approve" and "save" this happens.

Sorry,
something went wrong

The file or folder name
contains characters that are not permitted.  Please use a different name.

Troubleshoot
issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

issue.png