J2EE compatibility

• 9 April 2012
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I would like to know whether Blackpearl  is compatible with J2EE standards?

7 replies

Badge +10

I am not sure exactly what that means, can you elaborate?  K2 is built purely on the .net platform.

Badge +1

By J2EE i mean whether it is java supportive and can it be easily coded and implement using Java. Can it be integrated with various Java Framworks?

Also would like to know if it works only on Microsoft SQL server database or it can be used with Oracle Database too.

Badge +10

With respect to the database the only supported database is Microsoft SQL.  With respect to the J2EE question, the only code that can reside inside of a K2 server event is .Net code.  However as long as you can write c# code to call the API/service, you will be good to be able to resude J2EE artifacts, webserviecs etc.

you can also write your own .NET assmebly in whatever langfuage you like, and then use the "code reference event" to call a method on  the assembly without writing a server event in code
Does that make sense?

Badge +1

Thanks Chris fr the reply.. could you also let me know if there is any link from where I could download the trial version of K2 blackpearl, apart from the K2 website.

I have already tried getting the trial version from the K2 website but it is not working.

Badge +10

Your best bet is to use the contact us menu off of K2.com. Did you try that?

Badge +1

Sure I would try that too.. I am looking at evaluating the following features of BlackPearl. Could you please help me with the following :

• What are the different Operating systems on which Blackpearl can run on apart from Windows.Could you specify their versions?
  • Does it support business process management notation (BPMN), BPEL, and XML Process Definition Language (XPDL)?
  • Does it provide features for supporting the control of defined Web services?
  • Does it provide enterprise service bus functionality?
  • Does it provide different  process designs views for the business analyst, enterprise architect, and developers?
  • How it Service monitoring and technical monitoring provided?
  • How does it monitor, track, sort, filter, and aggregate process instances?
  • What are the various web services and messaging protocol supported?

It would be great if you could help me with some of these queries if not all. Also could u provide some links for learning k2 Blackpearl.  

Appreciate your help. Thank you :)

Badge +10

Sorry for the delay in response.  At this point i think you can best be served by having a conversation with one of our Technical folks rather than through a forum.  I just think it would be more effective.  If you message me your contact details ill work to setup a conversation, and then you can more quickly and easily get answers to all your questions.  If you want to get access to a live trial of the software with the help docs etc.  you can visit the try now page of K2.com

http://www.k2.com/en/trynow.aspx

Thank you!