How to delete workflow definition - completely

• 12 August 2015
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

I’m finding that if I delete a library that has a Nintex workflow of a specific name, the workflow name cannot be reused – even though it doesn’t exist elsewhere on the sub-site. I check the site settings for Workflow Gallery and the workflow is not listed. However, if I try to import the NWF and use the same name I get an error indicating the workflow is already in use elsewhere on the site.

How can I completely remove the workflow from the site – if the site settings already show it removed? I even checked the Site Collection recycle bin and emptied its contents.

TIA,

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can you go to this url : your_site_url/NintexWorkflows ; for example :

http://contoso.com/sites/mysite/NintexWorkflows

and see if there's a folder with the name of the workflow that you cannot reuse ?

Badge +5

Thanks Caroline, that got it.

Badge +4

Sorry to drudge this up from the grave but I have an issue related to this. We had the same problem where a workflow wasn't in the list but appeared in the folder list. So we deleted that item from the list. With that being said, our workflow could be started from list items so we had a list item associated to the old workflow and we simply renamed the action to start the workflow appended with 'UTEST' so we knew which one was the right one. I had figured if we deleted the workflow from the folder, then this menu item for the old workflow would have gone with it, but apparently it didn't:

before:210732_pastedImage_2.png After:210731_pastedImage_1.png

How do we get rid of the menu item for the non-existent workflow?

Badge +4

Ok well i found this after a lot of digging:  

Used the SharePoint designer method to remove the bad one from the list. Worked like a charm. I had to rename them both to figure out which one was the right one, but it was pretty straight forward once I had it hammered out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Great ! Thanks for sharing the solution you found happy.png