shuttjo
Forms Fledgling

Can you use the query action to return a calculated field in your site workflow?

Jump to solution

I have a calculated field in my list that takes the due date and says if that date is a "Monday, Tuesday, Etc.". I want to use this field to tell my workflow l it "If this field is a Saturday or Sunday, do not run". Can you not query calculated fields? Is there an alternative? I am still looking in the past forums but wanted to post my specific question. Thanks!

Cassy Freeman

0 Kudos
15 Replies
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can you use the query action to return a calculated field in your site workflow?

Jump to solution

How is your calculated column set up?

I just had a quick look and it is available to me inside the workflow and in the start up conditions?

0 Kudos
shuttjo
Forms Fledgling

Re: Can you use the query action to return a calculated field in your site workflow?

Jump to solution

OMG I am so embarrassed. I started my workflow on the wrong list. I am so sorry to waste your time Cassy. I see it now.

shuttjo
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Am I missing something in my workflow? It runs fine through create item but is not updating items per the update multiple items action. I have looked at it over and over. Is there a troubleshooting technique you suggest?

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

please tell me you have filtered where ID = ID in current loop?

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

what do your log in history lists say?  are they as expected?

0 Kudos
shuttjo
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Promise!

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

ok does any of it update?

what does log in history bit give you?

out of interest why is it update multiple items?

View solution in original post

shuttjo
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Weirdest thing just happened. Not sure if it was super delayed but I was putting test info in and all of a sudden everything updated but nothing is in the completed workflow since 1:35. SO WEIRD!

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

and you're sure the workflow is only updating the current item (even though you are using the update multiple items action)?  could it be that a different instance of the workflow updated the item?

0 Kudos