K2 SmartObject Decimal

Badge +3

Hi K2 Community,

I have run into a dilema. In K2 I created a smartobjet. The default K2 data type is Decimal and only includes up to two (18,2) places after the decimal. I went and altered the item in SQL to include out to three(18,3( places after the decimal. I noticed that whenever the SmartObject is updated it removes that (18,3) goes back to the (18,2). Is there a way around this? All my UI pages are tied to this smartobjec so that would cause alot of rework. Can I edit the smartobjec using K2 Stuido? How do I open the smartobject in K2 studio?

3 replies

Badge +8

The smartobject will only pass the datatype, it doesn't manipulate the data.

Are you using smartforms for a UI?

Badge +8

I've seen this before when you alter the data base structure, you need to refresh the service instance in K2.

Go to the K2 server.  Go to Programfiles(x86)>K2 blackpearl > Bin > SmartObject Service Tester.exe

look for SQL and expand it then right click and refresh the database that is attached to your process.

Badge +3

Thanks for the response. I figured out how to set the smartobject to 3 decimal places out. The way I did it was to save the smartobeject as a sodx file using the smart tester. Then open that file in K2 studio. In K2 stuido you can se the property for the necessarsy decimal places.