How to migrate K2 work flow if there is change in URL

• 13 August 2015
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hello there,

In our project we are migrating from existing 2007 farm to a 2010 farm. Our 2007 farm has a many K2 workflows configured, which need to be migrated and made to work. Now our challenge is with the URL, our URL's are not same as the 2007 farm URL's as we have multiple tenants already in the 2010 farm, changing the URL is not possible. How can the K2 workflows be migrated in this case? Can the URL's be changed in the K2 database directly? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sreeram

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Im not sure if I understood you correctly, but the workflow, smartforms URLs will be stored in your environment library.

just don't overwrite the environment Fields when you deploy your packages.

Badge +1

Hello Mustafa, thanks for your response.

I am referring to this article:- http://help.k2.com/kb001210

Here there is a note as follows:-

Notes and Important Assumptions: 

• This article assumes that SharePoint URLs remain the same after the migration to SharePoint 2010. Any URLs that worked in the WSS/MOSS environment would still resolve correctly in SharePoint 2010. This is very important as running K2 workflows and K2 SmartObject Service Instances reference SharePoint by the URL. 

Here can you help clarify if the URL mentioned above, is the URL existing in K2 environment variables or the URL of the SharePoint farm itself? In our case our SP URLs are only changing...no change is happening on K2 side..

In simple words which URL is being referred here?

Thanks,

Sreeram

Badge +13

Check your [K2Server].[Server].[WorklistHeader].[Data] field, if it has the URL pointing to old Sharepoint I would think you need to update it to go to the new server....