K2 Hotfix

• 21 March 2006
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
Hello

I've downloaded and installed the K2 hotfix for SharePoint SP2 on my development K2 machine.

The hotfix installation reported it was successful. However, due to our testing process here, I can't see any way to tell that K2 has been updated. The version number didn't change (at least on the splash screen).

Could you tell me how I can tell that the upgrade has been applied? I have other K2 servers to upgrade, and I need a way to tell if the hotfix has been applied or not.

Thanks in advance, Terry

2 replies

Badge +6
The only way to see if it is applied is to look in the Add/Remove Programs section.

You should see the component listed there.

The hotfix does not make changes to the K2.net Server or K2.net Studio software but rather to the SharePoint components.
Badge +2
Colleagues

I couldn't find the hotfix install in the ARP in the control panel, so I placed a support request from SCHT and I thought I'd share what I found out.

Resolution:
The K2SpsEvent.dll file in the GAC - does not change version numbers -- but the file size increases from 36 kb to 40 kb

One cannot see the file size by using the GAC viewer, but in the details section it will tell you where the DLL was GACed from. I could see the DLL referenced was 40 kb, and therefore the hotfix was in place.

Cheers, Terry