Solved

Can't save workflow, config XML got stuck in check out state

• 31 March 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I encountered an issue and I thought I share the solution. Maybe most of you already know.

• The User tried to publish a new version of a workflow, but something went wrong...
    • Other SOAP error messages related to the issue:
      • soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> [URLtoXML] can't be found on this Site.
      • soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. --> Exception of type 'Cobalt.ErrorException' was thrown.

181466_pastedImage_14.png181467_pastedImage_15.png

• After she reopened the workflow she get an error message: Exception of type: 'Cobalt.ErrorException" was thrown.

181429_pastedImage_3.png

• After a few try he could open the workflow, but when he tried to publish he got a SOAP error. (In a JS Alert popup)
    • SOAP Error message on Workflow Publish: soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> The file [URLtoXMLpath] is checked out for editing by [USER NAME].

181484_pastedImage_1.png

Root cause: Config XML got stuck in Check Out state. Like a normal document in a document library.

Solution:

181475_pastedImage_29.png

• Find the checked out XML file and click on name to open the local menu (you can see the green arrow icon)
  • Choose: Discard Check In

181476_pastedImage_30.png

• Open again your Workflow and Publish the correct version.
icon

Best answer by rszabo 31 March 2016, 14:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

If I manually Check In the XML and try to open from teh editor, I can reproduce the issue. It works.

Badge +4

Thanks for the tip, this helped me too. I got the below error and used your method to check in the file and it resolved the issue.

• SOAP Error message on Workflow Publish: soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> The file [URLtoXMLpath] is checked out for editing by [USER NAME].
Badge +6

Thanks for this, saved my rear today!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

(y) Feels good to hear it was helpful even after 3 years... 

Badge +9

Thank you!

I'm getting a similar error, but I can't access the URL to the Config XML and discard the check out using your method.

I am using 365 cloud. would it be any different to access the URL to the Config XML?

Thank you!

Badge +3

Thank you so much it helped me! 🙂

Badge +2

Thanks VERY MUCH for this. I was stuck on this issue for 5 days…. Life Saver.