K2 Process Portal Scheduler without Sharepoint?

• 27 October 2011
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

My first post so I hope I put it in the correct forum.

I have a question regarding K2 Process Portal - Scheduler. We are using K2 Blackpearl in our company but we are NOT using Sharepoint servers. Can we use K2 Process Portal without using Sharepoint?

Regards,

Philip

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

AFAIK - Nope the Process Portals is a site template for Sharepoint.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +10

No the K2 Process portal is a SharePoint site template that utilize SharePoint K2 web parts that tie back into K2.

I was going to say that all the K2 Process Portal functionality is a subset of the K2 Workspace functionality but I think the exception is the scheduler which I don't see surfaced in the workspace.   Hopefully someone has better workarounds but the only way around it I can see is

• to do it through code (I believe there is a sample project for scheduling in the SDK).
  • setup a free SharePoint environment specifically for this functionality which would require you to deploy the K2 components on it and configure it correctly.
  • create your own Windows Scheduling service to automatically kick off K2 processes.
Badge +1

Hi and thanks for the quick replies!!

Okey, at least Im sure now that Sharepoint is needed as I suspected. I will look into the workarounds mentioned to see if it fits our needs.

Best regards,
Philip

Badge +10

I just came across a project on the K2 Underground which might help as well:  http://www.k2underground.com/groups/eventbusscheduler_management_application/default.aspx

Badge +10

You can user SharePoint Foundation so it does not have to cost you a lot of money.  Plus i am sure that once you start using SharePoint you will love it! :)