Unable to Cast Result with Sum Function

• 12 November 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am trying to increment an item in a list by 1 from a workflow that is kicked off from another list, but when the workflow runs I am getting an "Unable to Cast Result" error.  I see the the return type of Sum() can be either Number or Decimal and the filed I am trying to update is of Decimal type. I have wrapped the sum function in ToDecimal to make sure it is returning what I need and I have also wrapped the 1 in ToDecimal to make sure that I am adding like datatypes.  Has anyone had this issue before?  Below is the trace from the workflow error if it helps.

Server stack trace:
at SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.Extenders.CodeExtender.OnExecute(Object context, XmlElement data, ResolverManager resolverManager)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.Extenders.ResolverExtenderBase.Execute(Object context, String data)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.IK2Extender.Execute(Object context, String data)
at SourceCode.KO.ProcessInstance.ExecuteExtender(Guid , State , ContextType , Object , Int32 , String , Guid )

2 replies

Badge +7

Hey Mike,

How are you trying to increment the list item?  Can you post any screenshots?

Thanks, and regards,

Jake

Badge +7

Hello Mike,

Along with what Jake is asking for I was wondering if you might be able to provide some more information about the lists you have created? I am trying to reproduce this and the more info we can get about your set up the better.

Thanks,

JC