Problem following restore

• 22 March 2006
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +7
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct area, apologies if I'm not.

I have taken over the administration of a small server farm, consisting of a database server (SQL 2000), domain controller, and sharepoint server (Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 and k2.net 2003). I am attempting to recreate our sharepoint portals in Virtual Server 2005 for development purposes.

I have recreated all three servers virtually. I have restored the Sharepoint portal by:

1- Restoring SQL databases in Enterprise Manager
2- Created new virtual web server in IIS and restored Sharepoint 60 Hive
3- Restored Sharepoint Portal using Sharepoint Central Administration
4- Overwritten files in virtual web server with files from equivalent folder on production server.

My portal is now functional in the virtual environment. We have a custom K2 process that needs to be restored before it is fully functional.

I have ensured the K2 server is running. Then I opened the solution file in K2 Studio, and changed all the server addresses in the String Table. I also changed the export server properties. The solution exports fine.

When I access the portal, I click the link to start the process (which should open an asp page to enter information), but got a 404-not found. I noticed that on the production server, the IIS virtual server for the portal lists an application called "createmeeting" (the process is a meeting management tool). So I exported this to an .xml file, and imported it onto the development server.

Now when I try and run the solution in the portal, instead of 404 I get:

"Unable to connect to server 192.168.1.17 on port 5252. Connect failed 10065" (where 192.168.1.17 is the production server IP).

Sorry for the long winded post, but I'm really stuck here and any help would be great. Is it likely I have missed a hard coded server address in the process? Or is editing the string table and rexporting not enough? Or maybe it is an active directory issue?

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated!

Rich

1 reply

Badge +7
I solved this by altering the values in the web.config file.

It's always the little things you forget.

Rich