Multiple Questions result in an automatic answer from a dropdown.

• 6 January 2016
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

We are in the process of redesigning one of our workflows and was asked to set it up almost like a wizard. There would be a series of questions posed at the top of the form (no more than 3) as dropdowns. Depending on how they answer the first dropdown should filter out some of the choices in another dropdown, to the point that we want it to choose what they need.

This is being used when people ask for a new computer. We stock several models, but we want to filter out ones that they won't need based on how they answer the questions. One may ask if they travel a lot, and if so then they would favor a laptop over a desktop. I'm not a programmer but am wanting to start learning JavaScript, which I think is the answer to my problem here, just not sure how to implement. Are there any examples available I could reference for this?

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi Michael,

Why not using a cascading drop down?

You have your first question's dropdown that is linked to a list (using a list lookup component in NForms)

Your second question's dropdown is linked to another list using another list lookup component in NForms, but for this one you will filtered on the value of the first question's drop down. You do that using the filtering section of the component :

Then you willl do the same with the third one!!

So basically when you answer the first one, you will update the potential answers of the second one and of the third one!

The only thing you need is several lists :

• The first one that is just referencing the first answers
  • The second one that has a reference field to one item of your first list
  • Same for the third one!

I hope it helps!

Cheers

Badge +6

Just to add a note to your right answer Alexandre wink.png, I find this threadCascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint.

In the same thread, Nintex Forms Cascading Dropdown videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx5q31FZF9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPUtIMWkyWE