Declare item as inline record

• 24 November 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I would like to declare an issue item as a record, based on a change to the status. It is trivial with the OOTB tools, but I cannot find the command in Nintex. It indicates that *This action requires Microsoft SharePoint Server, we are running SharePoint Enterprise.

The other part of the workflow is updating various fields based on other status values, which is more easily done with Nintex so I was hoping to handle all of the options that way. Can I call a standard SharePoint Workflow from Nintex as a sub-workflow?

Thanks.

6 replies

Badge +3

Well, I can indeed start a SharePoint Designer workflow from Nintex workflow, so that resolved the issue. Find it hard to imagine that this command (declare as record) would not be included in Nintex Workflow 2013.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi John.

I am not sure why the action is not there in 2013 for lists but it is avaiable for Libraries.

To enable this action on lists for 2013 navigate to Central Administration > Nintex Workflow Management > Manage allowed actions.

Click on Declare as Record link and scroll down to Document Libraries Only.

Set this to All lists and Libraries and the action will now appear on lists.

Hope this helps.

Badge +3

Simon,

Thanks. So I opened Central Admin and found "Declare as record". It was set to "Document Libraries Only" and was not shown in common actions. I actually want to declare records in both libraries and lists, so I will reset that. We use lists to track activities related to certain documents, and once they are done, we want to lock them. Declaring them as records, is preferable to setting item specific permissions.

It is not a common action, so I do not want to set that. If it does not show up in the menus I will revisit that choice.

In this case, the workflow was on a list. It is better now.

Cheers,

John

Badge +3

I am not able to see declare as record action in nintex workflow 2013. I gone through all the process that mentioned above.

Badge +3

Hi Ramana,

"Declare as record" in the Libraries and Lists Actions in the Nintex Work flow designer 2013 if I'm not wrong to your question.

190470_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +3

Hi

Were you able to find the Declare as Record action?

Regards

Rashmi