External email from O365

• 17 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Is there a way to check whether an email was sent via the Nintex Send email activity. I have tried to send to an external mail address from an O365 workflow but never got the mail. How can I determine whether it actually got sent?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try to test it sending to your gmail account.

Then ask him/her to review junk email folders

Badge +6

Using my own GMail. No email being received. That is why I wanted to find out whether there is a way to check whether Nintex has sent the mail...

I also log the value of the email address to ensure that it is correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There is no way to do a read receipt with the email. Also, this functionality was just release very recently. O365 doesn't allow email outside of your tenant, but the new Send Email action form Nintex does. I don't know if it is possible for any other actions that send emails, like tasks. I'll have to check. When did you publish this workflow, was it before the release of this feature? maybe you just need to republish?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This was in the Nintex Workflow for Office 365 - Release Notes​ as a Nov 4 2015 release for the Send an Email action.

Badge +6

Hi,

I have tested with an external email address which seemed to work correctly. It looks like the issue that I am having is the following:

On the form that captures the request details, the user enters their email address.

I then use the column as a lookup to determine the email address. This does not seem to work. I also tried putting the value of the field into a variable that I then use in the email address field. This too, did not work.