pjbro1965
Scholar

Re: Can NINTEX workflow read an email body from a email enabled document library ?

Jump to solution

That is great to get the data to SharePoint. Now how do you parse the body field and send different parts to a list? Please see example below

0 Kudos
nutenbary
Scholar

Re: Can NINTEX workflow read an email body from a email enabled document library ?

Jump to solution

hey bro. 

to parse i use regular expressions to find what i want. Only works when there's identifiers ("Request##" is always before the info for example) or there's a pattern like what you have in your body. 

for your body example you could have 4 reg ex steps that look for the answer to each question, guess off the cuff would be like (?<=1.*\n).*\n. that would capture the answer for the '1...' question, though i can almost guarantee something is wrong there, so play with it. From there you have the value in a variable and can write it wherever as normal in the workflow. 

However, how do you expect your users to be consistent in sending an email like your example? are they getting a template email to response to? if so, you might do an auto email with the Request Info action to send them to a form for better info capture without reg ex needed. Or really any of the user interaction tools, some have added benefit of reminders, escalation, and lazy response (from within the auto email, no forms or links needed). 

hope that all makes sense!

Nute

0 Kudos
pjbro1965
Scholar

Jump to solution

nutenbary,

Thank you for your feedback. Briefly, due to firewall issues our outside vendors use a survey gizmo form to provide all info needed. This form is emailed to the "email enabled document library". It is at this point I need to have that information parsed to the list. I have tries two different ways. I have tried to have the form sent as a xml table and as plain text. I can not seem to work this problem in ether case.  I have more examples below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again 

0 Kudos
nutenbary
Scholar

Jump to solution

how does the XML email look? you might be able to use the Query XML tool instead which is pretty handy. 

for the survey gizmo example email, it looks like you could still use RegEx also, you just need to add in the new lines as part of the pattern. I.e. (?=Tracking Number(\n+(\s+)?)+)\d+ 

Let me know if that doesn't make sense or I misunderstand something. 

0 Kudos