Nintex Workflow - Submit button pushes data to SharePoint and converts form to PDF

• 25 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I've created a Nintex form using the new responsive deisgner in O365. The designer has been great to build the form, but I'd like to understand the limitations of the predefined "Submit" button within the form. Right now after the client clicks on "Submit" all the information goes to my SharePoint list (great!) We want to give them the option to save the form before they hit submit. I know they can do that through the "Print" option on the top left corner of the webpage. But I find myself forgetting to save the form when I am filling it out. I've even added the note to either print or save to pdf before clicking on submit, but even I seem to forget. 

So my question is how can I force them to save it to PDF? OR is there any way possible using workflow to push the data to my list and automatically trigger a save to PDF after they hit submit? 

If you have any other suggestions or ideas that might be a better solution please let me know. 

Thank you for your help! 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Nintex has a Document Generation action that you can use in a workflow to create the PDF after the item is submitted.
https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/Workflow/SPDocGen/DocumentGeneration.htm