Calculated field does not recalculate when value(s) change?

• 6 November 2014
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Hi everybody,

either I can't find it or the function is missing...

I've built an overtime request form with a calculated value field that calculates the difference between "From" and "To" in hours.
The formula (dateDiffHours(From,To)) works great, but the field can only be recalculated on "view", "edit" or "new" action.
Isn't there a possibility to trigger recalculation when one of the date/time fields changes?

Thanks for any hint or even confirming that the function isn't available.

BR, Rouven

Capture.PNG

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I've seen a solution that had a similar issue with calculated fields and they used JavaScript to cause the calculated field to update when an item changed. James Cragle‌ may have more information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Are you using a "Calculated Field" control for your Total Field?   I just tested this with a calculated field control and the change is instantaneous when either of my two date fields are changed.

Make sure you are using the names of your date controls,and not the item property fields within your formula.   If you are doing what I described, then what version of Nintex are you currently using?

Thanks

Badge +3

Thanks a lot, this solved my problem. Very easy solution, but I didn't recognize this option.

Badge +3

Hi James,

thanks a lot. I assume that would work too but the hint from mmatsako could solve my problem and was very easy to implement.

BR, Rouven

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Did the same thing in the past so I agree!

Badge +6

The .trigger('change') does not work in Office 365.

Do you have another idea?

Badge +6

Try calling .change() instead.

Badge +1

I just had the same issue - .trigger('change') and .change() didn't work.

.trigger('focusout') did however - just if anyone has the same problem in the future.