Redirect worklistItems through Management API

• 29 June 2011
  • 0 replies

Badge +4

Hello!

I have a business requirement that a manager can redirect worklist items from one user to another user (because of vacations f.ex.) 

I have written code that does this, but I have one problem. If the worklist item has status Available, I cannot redirect them - only those that are Open. The reason seems to be that the worklist item ID is = 0 until it's status changes to Open.

This is my code:

List<WorklistItem> worklistitems = new List<WorklistItem>();

WorklistItems wi = wmServer.GetWorklistItems(DateTime.MinValue, DateTime.MaxValue, fromUserName, "MyProcessName", "%", "%", "%");  //wmServer is my connection to the WorkFlowManagementServer

if (wi != null && wi.Count > 0)

{

worklistitems.AddRange(wi.Cast<WorklistItem>().Where(x => x.ProcessInstanceStatus == ProcessInstanceStatus.Active));

IEnumerator iterator = worklistitems.GetEnumerator();

while (iterator.MoveNext())

{

WorklistItem obj = iterator.Current as WorklistItem;

if (obj != null)

{                           

wmServer.RedirectWorklistItem(fromUserName, toUserName, obj.ProcInstID, obj.ActInstID,

obj.ID);

}

}

}

This throws an error when the worklistItem is in status Available, because the obj.ID is 0.

Can I somehow force these worklistItems to be Open before I call the RedirectWorklistItem()? Or any other solution would be very helpful :)

0 replies

Be the first to reply!