Filter list lookup by userprofilelookup

• 21 January 2016
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi all,

Newbie with Nintex forms here.  I'm awaiting our training but in the meantime have dived in and got stuck on something.

I've got the following fields;

Field name (type)

1. Nominee (People)

2. Job title (Calculated Value)

3. Department (Calculated Value)

4. Location (Calculated Value)

5. Amount (List Lookup)

The user does an employee search using field 1, when they select a user fields 2-4 are populated by the UserProfileLookup.  The Amount field is looking up from a list with two columns; Location and Amount.  The values look like this:

Location     Amount

UK               £50

UK               £100

US               $50

US               $100

I previously had field 4 set as a list lookup, which cascaded to field 5 - so if the user selected UK in field 4 it would show two choices in field 5; £50 and £100.  Since fields 2-4 are now filled automatically, I can't get field 5 to filter anymore.  I've found this post which seems to be a similar issue.

I wondered if anyone had a suggestion, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi Craig,

I've just made many tests on this issue.

In fact, you got the same once you try to filter a list lookup control with any calculated value control, which uses a profile lookup or not.

The only way I imagine to achieve this is to add a textbox (which can be hidden via rules), and via JavaScript filling in it with the profile property you want and use it to filter the list lookup control... But it is not an easy way.

Badge +1

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for taking the time to test that.  I saw another post suggestng a JS solution but as I'm trying to aim for no code to help my colleagues maintain the forms I discarded that idea.  It's not an easy solution and I was looking for something easier.

Thanks,

Craig