Solved

Call external web api with access key - Cannot connect to the server

• 22 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I am trying to call the API: 

https://free.currconv.com/api/v7/convert?q=EUR_CHF&compact=ultra&date=2019-01-26&apiKey=1043966f2ade502466e2

It works when I test it in my browser, but I did not manage to make it work on a Nintex 'Web Request' action. I get the following error message: Cannot connect to the server.

Could someone explain me how to set up the action correctly to make it work, please?

Regards

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 27 August 2019, 03:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,
I tested this and found that you need to use a GET and not a POST and it will work.

If you are still having issues make sure you can connect to the API from your Web Front End server.

Thanks for your help. Actually, there was security settings was preventing the WS call.

Badge +9

@SimonMuntz 

We are trying to create an API to pass list attachment URL to convert to base64 and then insert the attachment to the external DB. Can we do this with web request? If yes, how we would we pass parameters to the API like SP credentials, list title, attachment URL, database name, table/column info, etc..

Badge +1

Dear @Roro ,

Have you any idea which security settings need to be updated?

I'm encountering with POST data to website too.

Hi, I have the same problem and i couldnt find the solution. Can you provide information how you solve it?

Regards