Flexi Task Reminders - Specific dates

• 7 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I need to be able to send two reminders, one three days prior to the due date and one on the due date. I want to make use of the lazy approval in these task reminders. I have an initiation form where the user inputs a reminder and due date. I've tried using these references/variables in the reminders section of the flexi task, but they don't seem to work. Suggestions?

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi Beau Landry,

Time between reminders indicate the number of days and not the date time value.

You should first do date calculation and subtract 3 days from Due Date and then find the number of days between the task assignment date to the new due date using formula.

fn-Round(fn-DateDiffDays(Current Date, DueDate))

The resulting number should be used in the Flexi Task Reminder to send the reminder 3 days prior to due date. hope this helps.

Note here that you have to specify 1 in the number of reminders as the second reminder will also take as much time as the first one. So if your 1st reminder goes out in 2 days but due date is in 5 days, 2nd one will go out in 2 days as well i.e. on 4th day.

I don't think you can send the second category/type of reminder from the same flexi task. So there is a trade off, you can create a parallel action to send Task Reminder but this will not be Lazy Approval enabled or use flexi task and lazy approval with 1 reminder before the due date.

Badge +3

Thanks for your response Kapil. I do need to be able to send a reminder 3 days prior and on the due date. Like you said, I don’t know that it’s possible.

Beau Landry

Content Management Application Administrator

Continental Resources, Inc.

20 N. Broadway

OKC, OK 73102

P/F: 405.774.5963

C: 405.435.0584

Beau.landry@clr.com<mailto:Beau.landry@clr.com>

www.clr.com<http://www.clr.com/>

Mailing:

P.O. Box 269000

OKC, OK 73126

Badge +11

Hi ,

Were you able to figure out a solution? Could you please post it here to help others on the community who may have similar issues. 

Badge +3

It was my understanding what I needed was not possible. Instead, the user is going to specify the number of days before the reminder is sent in the initiation form. I’m then using the number in that variable to populate the “Days” field in the Reminders section.

Beau Landry

Content Management Application Administrator

Continental Resources, Inc.

20 N. Broadway

OKC, OK 73102

P/F: 405.774.5963

C: 405.435.0584

Beau.landry@clr.com<mailto:Beau.landry@clr.com>

www.clr.com<http://www.clr.com/>

Mailing:

P.O. Box 269000

OKC, OK 73126