Get data from another list triggered by a calculated profile value.

• 23 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Good Day Team,

I need your suggestion about my request, The maint list is called "UserProfil" I am trying to pull information from the user profil and put into the nintex form. So far I was able to get the current user profile information, however there are some fields that I was not able to find, field like zip code, state, city and so on. So What I am trying to do is bring the information from another sharepoint list called locations, I put in the sharepoint list "Locations" all the possibles addresses that could be exist and my idea is create a lookup between my locations and Userprofil, in the form (Userprofile) I was able to get the "location code " and what I need is, based in the code Location trigger and get the other fields (zip code, city, state...) from the list Locations but I am not sure if it posible, I have been trying but I failed.

Here is my maint list "Profil"

210945_pastedImage_3.png

This is the list "locations" that i am trying to associate to the the blank fields.

210946_pastedImage_4.png

I will really appreciate any suggestion.  Thanks in advance.

Walt

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so I assume Location field in Profil list is a lookup field to Locations list.

so you can use calculated value controls with formula like

lookup('Locations','ID',parseLookup(LookupNamedControl,false),'ADDRESS1')‍‍

last parameter in the function call is name of field in Locations list. so you will have to change it for each field accordingly.

Badge +6

Great, this is working, my last question will be " Is the a way to select by defaul the location code? for instance SANSS instead of please select a value? or should I consider other way to push it thro? 

210960_pastedImage_2.png

Thank you for your help Marian.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

only with javascript